Monday, May 9, 2011

Pictures Speak A Thousand Words

Finals are over and I've managed to survive all the stress (just barely). My grades may not have ended up what I wanted them to be but I passed and that's all that matters. The most important thing about this year is that I had fun along the way and made memories and friendships that will last a lifetime.Since I was basically responsible for taking pics every time we went out I thought I should share this year in pics for everyone to see...


Bid Day...the beginning of what would become an amazing year!



Big and Little...so glad she's gonna still be around next year

The fam before our newest addition

Who knew my bid day buddy would end up being my amazing little

Fall '09

Of course we needed a pic with Natalie, the one responsible for us being Big/Little...
we won't deny it but Natalie was right we are obsessed






Carolina Football 2010
Defeat #1 Alabama, Palmetto Bowl Champions, SEC East Champions

It was hard to narrow down my pics from tailgate but here are a few of my favorites.

The first of many roomie pics at tailgate

Furman game/Parent's Weekend: 
The game we officially became the Dream Team and Frat stars were earned


All the girls ready to head to tailgate



Big/Little

My favorite pic of the fam


ZB
who without we would not laugh nearly as much


The family is complete!

Surprise, surprise...so many Kappa's at the DTD tent

One of the reasons I chose South Carolina...who could complain with having to see this on Saturday's


The aftermath of beating #1 Alabama


We don't try to match on purpose but it usually ends up happening that way


Two redheads who have a love for Tar Heel basketball

Had to document the fact that this was the first game she stayed the entire time 

Burke 



Finally got our pic with Sir Big Spur


 FRAT: 
what would become the theme for the rest of the year
 I knew mine and Kathryn's friendship was meant to be when we had "Frat" as a scrabble word. 

The first of many parties at the Delt house


Typical Zach and McGhee 
(I know they'll hate me for putting this up but I had to)


Village with the girls

 Buffet Bash:
Some people say there's a Kappa to blame
Dates trying to be cool with the shades

Roomie pic in front of the Kappa House

McGhee, 
honorary member of the Dream Team since Scratch couldn't be there

Frat Star

The night Sallie found out I was her big. I tried to keep it a secret as long as possible I promise

Family

Big and Littles,
me and Lyndsey aren't very good at keeping secrets from them

 Greek Impact Fall Retreat
Taking a little adventure down to the water

All the girls in their gameday best


Kappa's

We ♥ Shelley.
She is an amazing person and I'm so happy to have her as a friend I can rely if i'm struggling with something or just want to talk and hang out.






Big/Little Reveal
The family has expanded!


Bigs/Littles

The night our Littles out did us. Too bad Lyndsey had DTD Mash the next day.



There's a reason they joined Kappa

Kappa Kappa Kickoff


Abbie, the official Kappa mascot

 State Fair
Only Kathryn and I managed to ride most of the rides, she even dragged me on the huge loop one where I was scared to death. I wish I had a pic of my face but needless to say I had tears in my eyes. I got my funnel cake at the end of the night so no complaining here. 
Fair lights with the stadium in the background...doesn't get much better than that

Lyndsey, Lindsay, and Kathryn

Me and Scratch aka Rachel:)

 Initiation


"Sisters are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly"

 Halloween
Celebrating on Friday night with a noon game the next day. Some of us managed to make it to the game the next day and some of us didn't.
The girls...oh and Kevin


Scratch didn't think she was coming out with us but Kathryn and I made sure otherwise

Best Friends


Dream Team
Scratch's costume complete thanks to Zach Brown...you're welcome Scratch:)




Frat Daddy and Slampiece

Doesn't get much more fratty than having a pic with "Steve Spurrier"

Backwoods Bash
Me and Kathryn

Jill. Love her!






Lindsay and Kelsey Mac ringing in their birthdays right

There's a reason we're best friends

Tacky Sweater
Megan and Scratch invade a Kappa function
The official Christmas card for 132


Megan showing us Kappas how to do the stanky leg

Dates...how presh:)

Christine and Megan showing why they are perfect dates

This pic speaks for itself

Successfully made it back to the Kappa House

Semi-formal


 And let the Bid Day parties begin again...
Ozzies had hula-hoops so of course they had to try them out

presh:)

Can somebody please explain what McGhee is doing in this pic?

David Allen Coe comes on and the Delts assemble in the middle of the dance floor


ZB thinks he's a part of the Dream Team...he wishes



Kappa Krush
Thing 1 and Thing 2

Megan and Scratch 

The fam

 Spring Break: Mardi Gras 2011
All the pics I took required two facebook albums so here is only a few.
After losing one person, two smart phones, and one wallet that contained everyting its safe to say...
Mardi Gras WON!

Of course we brought our pillow pets along for the trip

Showing off the purple hair that made me pull the 2nd all nighter in a row since I was responsible for bleaching and dyeing 


Not the only pic of Scratch struggling with the ATM...for some reason it was a little challenging for her



Dinner the first night at Bourbon House Seafood


I would say it was a successful first night!


This pic basically defines our friendship


Dinner at Jazz Cafe where I had my first po'boy



Charlie Sheen. 
We took #winning to a whole new level this weekend.



Chilean Winers

After all the walking we did Scratch and Kathryn had to have massages no matter the cost.

I couldn't find a backpack leash for her so I made do with some beads.

Successfully found the Real World House on our way out of town.

Sapphire Ball


My Date Casey


Me and Meleia and our lovely Phi Sig dates

St. Patty's in 5 Points
We saved Rachel after she lost everyone

Corey Smith


Carolina Cup 
The only pic I took with my hat because the wind was so bad




Christina and I reunited finally! I wish she could have stayed longer though:(


Me and the grandbiggie


Christina, Hannah, and I. love these two


Movin' like Bernie...I'm gonna miss these two next year


Finally made it to Phi Sig to see my little




No words can describe these two sometimes


Friends from the first day of classes in U101

Fleur-de-lis Rage



This describes the fam in a nutshell


Me and the Seenya's...i'm gonna miss them so much!
They kept me sane through all my "not real life" moments

ZB somehow sneaks into Rage




Phil


Phil with the fam. You come with one of us and you end up get the whole fam.


Biggie dancing with my date


Me and Zach...
started off the year with one of these pics, only fitting we end it that way too

Random pics throughout the year...

Babecake, Slauren, Fratstar


Kappa Kosmic Bowling


Phi Sig Kickball Champs 2 years in a row
#KappaDomination


Kappa Kappa Skating


The first of many family pics


Got ready in 10 minutes to come celebrate my Biggie's 21st


was forced to come out because of her


Girls night at Saloon 
since all the guys were being lame and having a movie night


The crew at the baseball game the night before our epic Spring Breaks

The night of the Phi Sig mixer where creeper pics came back to haunt me in my grandbig's senior will





Keeping it in the Fam with the Phi Sigs

Bigs/Littles at Phi Sig Beach Weekend




Kappas love Phi Sig apparently


Leadership Bible Study
It's been great to grow with these ladies each week!


We didn't match on purpose, I promise.
This is my favorite pic of the three of us.
From this night on the "stank eye" was perfected by these two.


The fam at Low Country Boil


Zach and McGhee having a bro moment

This year can simply be described as...

"Not Real Life"

I can only hope that next year is just as epic!


















































No comments:

Post a Comment